TPP and RCEP and Armadas and regions of influence

I'm trying to figure out how to use Blogger.  Here's an email I sent to a f/Friend yesterday, following up from a face-to-face conversation the night before.  I'm hoping to come back here and edit it, to make it more suitable as a blog post.  Or delete it.  Or whatever.

-----
 
Hi R____ -
 
Thanks for talking to me about naval vessels & geopolitics... :-)
 
The new alliance / trade organization I was referring to was RCEP, which has only Asian nations, none from the Americas:
 
TPP (which is now dead, or nearly so) excluded China, deliberately and strategically, and it does/did include those western South American countries you mentioned:
 
If I'm recalling the sequence of events correctly, RCEP was and is going forward largely under Chinese initiative, and has picked up steam since the US withdrew from TPP.  RCEP goes hand in hand with China's "One Belt One Road" initiative.
 
 
Thinking about our conversation last evening, it seems to me that RCEP + OBOR = Orwellian Eastasia strategy.
 
As best I can tell, Chinese strategists are in the process of claiming Africa, Australia, and the rest of the disputed areas, with India especially making a bid for its own seat at the table or at least semi-independent voice.
 
Yikes!
 
Susan
 
PS I'm reading about the Armada miscommunication now...  yikes! yikes!

Comments